Join our dynamic team!
There are three positions available at this time.
Seeking to fill two (2) 309A Construction and Maintenance Electrician for positions:
Journeyperson / Substation Electrician (Power System Electrician).
Salary: Commensurate with experience plus comprehensive benefit package.
Job Location: Office – Timmins, Ontario, Substations – Western James Bay (Attawapiskat, Kashechewan, Fort Albany)
|Position Overview||The Journeyperson / Substation Electrician derives his authority from and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. This position involves work with High Voltage equipment such as circuit breakers, transformers, switches and control circuits for protection, indication and monitoring systems. Daily work involves testing, maintenance and repairs. The key performance measures for this position are Safety, Organization, Productivity and Quality.|
|Responsibilities||To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
• Inspect and test high voltage equipment such as transformers, voltage regulators, switches, circuit breakers, capacitor banks, PT’s, CT’s, protection and control equipment, and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems in transmission and distribution substations
• Troubleshoot installed electrical equipment and apparatus to locate electrical faults and check their operation, using volt meters, ammeters and other electrical test instruments and equipment
• Repair or replace faulty electrical equipment and apparatus
• Complete test and maintenance reports
|Qualifications||• Must hold a 309A construction and maintenance license, preference will be given to the person with a High Voltage equipment installation and maintenance experience.
• Completion of a recognized College in electrical field
|Experience||• A valid class “G” driver’s license
• The ability to handle heavy equipment
• The ability to work safely and follow safe work practices and procedures
• The ability to work with precision instruments to “fine tune” equipment
• The ability to understand the theoretical background of their work
• The ability to pay careful attention to details
• Be willing to continuously upgrade their skills and knowledge
|Comments||• Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada to be considered for this role.
• Knowledge of Northern Ontario climate and way of life. Willingness to relocate to the area and able to attend interviews there upon short notice.
• We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
• Those selected for interview should submit a CPIC form.
To Apply Email: Marlene Innes Fax: 705 268-0071
In person: 725 HWY 655, Timmins, ON (about 500m north from Ross St.)
Applications must be received by: Open Until Filled
LOCATION: Timmins, ON
CLOSING DATE: August 4, 2023 @ 4:00 pm
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Office Manager and will provide reception and administrative support to facilitate and expedite the administrative operations of Five Nations Energy Inc. The Administrative Assistant will also maintain confidential records, assist and perform other related duties as required.
• Post-Secondary Diploma in Office Administration and /or a minimum of four (4) years in an administrative or office setting
• Must have a working knowledge of recording and transcribing minutes
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Connect, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience working within a First Nation environment an asset
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work flexible hours and under minimum supervision
• Ability to plan, and organize workload
• Ability to communicate in the Cree language an asset
• Valid “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required
• Copy of certificates/diplomas to be submitted with resume
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Five Nations Energy Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a cohesive work environment and opportunities for development.
√ Health and Dental Benefits
√ Matched Pension Contributions
√ Generous Vacation and Leave Entitlements
HOW TO JOIN OUR TEAM
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and emails, no later than 4:00 PM on August 4, 2023 to:
Five Nations Energy Inc.
70C Mountjoy St. N,
Suite 421 Timmins, ON P4N 4V7
Resumes can be emailed to: Marlene Innes or faxed to 705 268-0071
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.